Employment law is ever changing and develops at a fast pace. If a workplace dispute is not handled effectively or fairly, it could result in Employment Tribunal claims, awards of compensation, adverse public relations risk and legal costs, which you are unlikely to recover. Now that Tribunal fees have been scrapped, Curzon Green expect to see a rise in claims. Indeed, the recent statistics are proving this to be true. Obviously prevention is better than cure, and now is generally the best time to act. Our employment solicitors will support you to ensure that you can deal with all employment law challenges that you are faced with.
What does this service cover?
Our comprehensive retainer package covers advice from a specialist employment law solicitor when you need it, providing value to your business and practical assistance on a range of issues. We understand that one size does not fit all. Our advice is bespoke and tailored for you. You may require basic guidance on employment policies and procedures, have an urgent internal issue such as a disciplinary matter, or dismissal, or face litigation in the Tribunal. If a claim is made against your business, we will represent you and meet your legal costs. The retainer covers:
- access to specialist Employment Law solicitors by phone, email or in writing during our normal business hours (9.00 am to 5.30 pm)
- advice on employment law and HR enquiries, such as:
- Sickness absence;
- Maternity/paternity/adoption leave and pay;
- Disabilities; and
- short email alerts, if you want, regarding changes to the law and interesting Tribunal or Court decisions which may have implications for your business
- legal representation if you are taken to the Tribunal – if you don’t want to include this service, which is insurance backed, we can offer a retainer for advice only.
We do all this for a fixed monthly fee and do not require you to commit to a lengthy contract.
How much does it cost?
Our fixed retainer fee will be tailored to your business, factoring in the number of employees and nature of your business and whether or not you want insurance cover in the event of Tribunal a claim(s). The package benefits from a discounted hourly rate and we will undertake a free audit of your business at the outset. The monthly price starts from £75 plus VAT.
Why should I sign up?
The retainer service is clear, affordable and provides peace of mind for your business. Just one simple unfair dismissal claim could cost you in excess of £30,000 in legal fees, an award of up to 1 years’ salary, management time and adverse publicity. A fixed retainer means you can effectively budget and protect your business. Key benefits include:
- Affordable and cost effective
- Peace of mind
- Advice from an experienced solicitor when you need it
- Tailored bespoke for your business
- We are regulated by the SRA (unlike non-solicitor HR support)
- Our advice is covered by legal professional privilege (unlike non-legal support), which means it cannot be disclosed to third parties
- Tribunals are (generally) no-cost jurisdictions, so even if you are successful in beating a Tribunal claim, you are not usually able to recover your entire costs from the Claimant.
What shall I do next?
We are an experienced and friendly team of employment lawyers. We take time to get to know you and your business. Every employment situation we have dealt with has been unique and we have assisted on both sides of the dispute, which gives us a good all-round perspective. We are always up to date with the ever-changing legislation (some of our lawyers sit on the panels which make the legislation) and provide solutions in plain English.
How to I sign up?