Specific Issue Orders

A specific issue order determines the answer to a particular question regarding the child’s upbringing. It could be used to decide which school the child should attend, whether the child should have a particular operation, what religion the child should practice etc.

Specific issue orders can also be used by those who are not parents to the child, including doctors, relatives, or the local authority.

Like a prohibited steps order, the specific issue order cannot be used where a residence order or a contact order would resolve the problem. It also cannot be used as a way around a residence order, for example, applying for a specific issue order to change the child’s school, if it would mean that the child would need to change residence to attend that school.

For more information please contact us today for a free no obligation discussion by calling either our either our London, Marlow or High Wycombe offices or by email: family@curzongreen.co.uk