Equality has always been a core value at Curzon Green; we aim to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect irrespective of their disability, gender, marital status, race, racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or age.
We are fully committed to eliminating discrimination in the workplace and promoting equality and diversity in our practices, procedures and policies, and in all areas in which we have any influence.
In terms of the Women in Law pledge we set out the following intentions:
- Have a named member of our senior leadership team/management committee who is accountable for gender diversity and inclusion;
- Set gender targets at leadership level to ensure that women are represented;
- Consider the differential outcomes for different groups of women at all levels of the organisation e.g. their background, identity and range of experiences;
- Develop an action plan to achieve gender equality in our senior management and leadership teams;
- Committing at senior level to tackle sex discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment in the workplace;
- Committing to tackle workplace culture and bias that may result in differential outcomes in the workplace;
- Making public our pledge and publishing our targets and action plan;
- Ensuring specific aspects of pay, reward and recognition of the senior leadership team are linked to delivery against these gender equality targets as applicable
So far, our achievements are:
1. Jennifer Sole was made our partner accountable for gender diversity and inclusion;
2. and 4. We set targets of at least 40% of partners to be female but 60% of our partners are women. The ratio of male to female employees is 9:20, respectively;
3. We have implemented an ESG policy;
5. We have made a commitment in our partners’ meetings to tackle sex discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment in the workplace. We have put in place policies to ensure that we have an inclusive workplace, trained staff (and clients!) and most recently have upgraded our CCTV system to ensure that staff working flexibly (with many starting early or finishing later than our office hours due to childcare responsibilities) are reassured of their safety;
6. We have made a commitment in our partners’ meetings to tackle workplace culture and bias that may result in differential outcomes in the workplace. We ensure that CVs are anonymised during recruitment processes;
7. We have publicised our pledge.
We will reconsider our action plan later this year.