A Transfer of Equity is the term used to describe any change in the legal ownership of a property, whether by adding or removing a name from the legal title such as the name of a partner or a spouse. If you have a mortgage over the property, you will need the consent of the mortgage company before you can add or remove a name from the legal title.
Legal representation is vital for such transactions as any change will require registration at the Land Registry. The transaction might also potentially have Stamp Duty Land Tax implications, even if no money changes hands.
Curzon Green Solicitors promise the following:
- We guarantee that a qualified solicitor will oversee your transaction from start to finish.
- We will provide a comprehensive itemised quote of all of the likely costs before any work is carried out.
- We are cheaper than estate agent recommended solicitors and we do not pay referral fees.
- We are quicker, more efficient and more knowledgeable than any other firm in High Wycombe.
- We answer queries immediately.
- We stay open through lunchtime.
- We do not charge abortive fees if a sale and/or purchase does not complete.
Please contact us today for a free no obligation telephone discussion by calling us on one of the two telephone numbers referred to at the top of this page, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org