Lost or Stolen Biometric Residence Permit

A biometric residence Permit (BRP) is an important document for those living in the UK who are not British citizens. This is usually in a card format and will provide the evidence that employers, landlords, banks, and doctors will require when offering essential services in the UK. Non-British nationals without an appropriate BRP card in the UK, may now struggle to access essential services. This has become increasingly the case since a strict obligation has been placed on professionals to make regular checks on their clients’ permission to live and work in the UK. 

A BRP will include a person’s name, date and place of birth, fingerprints and a photo of their face, their immigration status, and any conditions of their stay, whether they can access public funds and sometimes a National Insurance (NI) number. A BRP card can be used by many agencies as evidence of identity alongside their permission to access services.

However careful a person may be, BRP cards are often lost or stolen in and outside of the UK. If you have lost or had your BRP card stolen, it is important to understand that you have a legal duty to report this to the Home Office. It is possible for you to be fined up to £1,000 and made to leave the UK if you do not apply for a replacement within 3 months. It is important that you do not wait until your leave expires to resolve the issue of a lost or stolen BRP card.

A report of a lost or stolen biometric residence permit (BRP) can be made from inside or outside of the UK. A replacement can only be issued from inside of the UK. These reports can be made by an individual or a representative. 

Our team understand that navigating the Home Office’s procedures and forms can be complex and stressful. We are able to support individuals who have lost their BRP cards or had them stolen or even make these reports on their behalf as their legal representatives. Many of our clients will be able to make these reports themselves but find the process to be stressful and have residual questions or concerns around their immigration status in the UK. Our team of immigration experts are on hand to guide you through and answer any queries that you may have around reporting your BRP card lost or stolen and securing a replacement BRP card. 

In this instance, our team of immigration and asylum practitioners can offer advisory sessions (at our offices of through Microsoft Teams) which are charged by the hour. Many of our clients tell us that these sessions have been incredibly useful in easing their concerns around lost or stolen BRP cards or what they should do next.

Our charges for these consultancy services are outlined below.

Curzon Green (London based client) Fee: £250-£350 plus VAT per session which lasts up to an hour (depending on the experience of the person you book your consultation with); or

Curzon Green (Buckinghamshire based client) Fee: £200-£250 plus VAT per session which lasts up to an hour (depending on the experience of the person you book your consultation with).

Contact Us

If you are unsure as to which service might be appropriate for your matter, or have any other queries about our immigration services, we warmly invite you to contact our team of experienced practitioners. You can do this by clicking on the links below or by telephoning or emailing our offices. You can explain to the receptionists that you are seeking to speak with the immigration team.

Telephone our offices:

London: 020 3443 9576

High Wycombe: 01494 451355

Marlow: 01628 958445

Email our immigration practitioners: immigration@curzongreen.co.uk

Meet our immigration team!