Insolvency practitioners appointed over a company will frequently seek to recover payments made to directors including:
- preferential payments;
- repayment of directors’ loan accounts;
- over payment of directors’ remuneration; and
- the recovery of company property.
They may also make claims against directors alleging personal liability for company debts including:
- claims for wrongful trading or fraudulent trading; and
- transactions made which were at an undervalue or constituted a voidable preference.
We have considerable experience in this area derived from acting for both insolvency practitioners and directors. Having seen both sides gives us a genuine advantage.