City of London: 020 3440 3705  |  High Wycombe: 01494 451355
For a variety of reasons people may want to change their name. This may be in the form of making minor adjustments to your current name, reverting back to your maiden name, or taking on a new name altogether. The easiest way to do this may be to simply ask people to call you something else. However, for some purposes it may be necessary to provide evidence of a name change, for example when applying for a passport or driving license. Completing a Change of Name Deed, sometimes known as Deed Poll, provides a legal document evidencing a change of name.

Under UK law you can call yourself whatever you want provided your new name does not seek to defraud anyone or have any criminal benefit. If you choose to obtain formal documentation of your change of name our solicitors can draw up a Change of Name Deed to effectuate this. The deed must be signed and witnessed and then can be used as evidence of your name change. This process can be utilised by anyone over the age of 18 and will cost a fixed fee of £125 plus VAT. Changing the name of minors can be more complicated as the process requires the consent of all parties who have parental responsibility.

Please contact us today for a free no obligation telephone discussion by calling us on one of the two telephone numbers referred to at the top of this page, or by email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Recommended by The Legal 500 - The Clients' Guide to Law Firms  Family Law - Solicitors High Wycombe   Collobrative Law - Curzon Green Solicitors   Law society   SRA      PNLA

        Family Law - Curzon Green Solicitors