City of London: 020 3443 9576
High Wycombe: 01494 451355
Marlow: 01628 958445

A visitor is a person who is coming to the UK, usually for up to 6 months, for a temporary purpose. This includes tourists. 
We can progress your application for a visitor visas, regardless of where you are based.
What are the requirements for a visitor visa?

 The responsibility is on you to satisfy the Home Office that:
  • You are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the immigration rules;
  • You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits;
  • You will not make the UK your main home;
  • You will not undertake any prohibited activities such as work, receive payment, marry etc (unless you are specifically permitted to do so)
  • You have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds; and
  • You will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
If you are successful  in obtaining your visa, you must leave the country by the time stated in your initial application. If you stay beyond the period stated in your application, this may affect your future applications to the UK.

Please note that UK nationals, EU nationals or nationals of non-UK visa national countries do not need a visitor visa.

The maximum length of stay that can be granted for each type of visitor:

Standard visitors may be granted a visa of up to 6 months, except:
  • A visitor who is coming to the UK for private medical treatment may be granted a visit visa of up to 11 months.
  • An academic, who is employed by an overseas institution and is carrying out the specific permitted activities may be granted a visit visa of up to 12 months.
  • A visitor under the Approved Destination Status Agreement (ADS Agreement) may be granted a visit visa for a period of up to 30 days
  • Marriage / civil partnership visitor may be granted a visa up to 6 months.
  • Permitted Paid Engagements (PPE) visit may be granted a visa of up to 1 month.
  • Transit visitor may be granted a visa of up to 48 hours except for leave to enter as a transit visitor under the Transit Without Visa Scheme which may be granted until 23:59 hours on the next day after the day the applicant arrived.

Our Fees

We are able to offer you either advice or full representation in your visitor visa application.

Consultation fee (charged at an hourly rate):

Immigration Caseworker (High Wycombe): £150 + VAT
Immigration Caseworker (London): £250 + VAT
Senior Immigration Caseworker/ Head of Department (High Wycombe): £250 + VAT
Senior Immigration Caseworker/ Head of Department (London): £350 + VAT

Full representation:

This service includes: providing you with a tailored list of documents which we believe are necessary for you to provide in your particular circumstances; drafting a letter of legal representations which explains to the decision-maker how you meet the appropriate requirements; preparing and submitting your application on your behalf; and liaising with the Home Office as and when is necessary until a decision is reached on your case.

Fee range (High Wycombe): £1,200 - £1,600 + VAT
Fee range (London): £1,800 - £2,200 + VAT

List of potential additional costs in immigration cases:

  1.  Home Office application fee (see here)
  2. Immigration Health Surcharge (see here)
  3. Immigration Skills Charge (see here)
  4. Interpreters fees
  5. Tribunal fees
  6. Optional premium service fees for in-country and out-of-country applications
Processing times

Once we receive the appropriate documents from you, we will submit your application promptly and generally within 10 days of receipt of these. We will take note of your preferences when it comes to application submission and try to work with you to achieve your desired outcome.

We are unable to guarantee how long the Home Office will take to decide on your application, although unnecessary delays that exceed 6 months may be unlawful in your matter. The current Home Office processing times guidance can be found here:

Please contact us today for a free no-obligation discussion by calling our City of London or High Wycombe office on the telephone number referred to at the top of this page, or by email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Frequently Asked Questions

Can I extend my visitor visa?

A general visitor who is granted visa for less than 6 months when they entered the UK can be granted an extension of stay to bring their total stay up to six months. 

It may be possible for you to apply for leave to remain for a period beyond six months if one or more of the following criteria are met:
  • There are compassionate grounds, e.g. illness of a close relative;
  • You are in a category allowed a total stay of up to 12 months; and/or
  • You are unable to obtain a flight, but the application was made within the original period of leave and you can produce evidence of your confirmed flight booking.
 Can I work or study while I am in the UK?

No, visitors cannot work or study in the UK unless this is allowed by the permitted activities in the Immigration Rules.

What if my visa application is refused?

There is no right of appeal against the refusal of an application for entry clearance as General Visitor and the refusal can only be challenged by way of Judicial Review in the High Court. The alternative option available is to submit a separate application dealing with each of the points contained within your refusal.

Our Immigration and Human Rights Team

Recommended by The Legal 500 - The Clients' Guide to Law Firms  Family Law - Solicitors High Wycombe   Collobrative Law - Curzon Green Solicitors   Law society   SRA      PNLA

        Family Law - Curzon Green Solicitors