Vanessa is an Associate Solicitor who assists in running the Wills, Estate Planning and Mental Health Department.
She advises on Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Probate and Estate Administration and Trusts. Some of the recent matters that Vanessa has undertaken include:
Probate and trust advice
- Making complex probate applications for taxable estates with full advice on inheritance tax allowances and exemptions.
- Advising executors and trustees on will trusts with advice on their creation, maintenance and closure.
- Making complex intestacy applications for children and overseas beneficiaries.
- Advising executors and trustees on the mitigation of CGT and appropriating assets directly to beneficiaries.
- Administering a complex estate where the deceased died over 5 years ago.
- Advising on overseas assets and domicile issues.
Wills & LPA’s
- Advising parents with a vulnerable child on how to make adequate provision for the child.
- Providing inheritance tax and business continuation advice to a successful businessman.
- Preparing Life Interest Wills to enable children from a previous marriage and a new spouse to each benefit under the Will.
Vanessa is a Full Member of STEP, the world’s leading organisation for private wealth professionals having completed her STEP Diploma in Administration of Estates and Trusts.
Vanessa is also a Fully Accredited Member of Solicitors for the Elderly, an independent national organisation of lawyers who provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people. She is also a Dementia Friend, a programme run by the Alzheimer’s Society.
She takes a professional, pragmatic, and caring approach to matters.
Outside of work Vanessa enjoys yoga and has a passion for travelling.
Recent reviews have said the following:
“During what has been an emotional rollercoaster of a year, we were supported by the lovely Vanessa Ruparel. Vanessa was patient, compassionate and efficient. She was always engaging and informative, explaining things in a layman’s language when the legal speak was a little daunting. As a family, we can’t speak highly enough of the team as a whole but special thanks and gratitude goes to Vanessa.”
“Vanessa was outstanding at ensuring she understood my wishes and concerns for my estate and took great care to explain all the possibilities available to me in a very simple and intuitive way. I was really pleased with her expert knowledge and professionalism. I felt very comfortable with complex decisions I had to make. I definitely recommend her services. Working with Vanessa is seamless and she really listens to one’s detailed needs and gets it first time.”
“I would not hesitate to use Vanessa again in the future. She has been more than helpful, sympathetic and knowledgeable in her line of expertise. I needed to sort my affairs quickly and she was more than attentive and prompt in responding. I can’t thank her enough.”
Vanessa can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org