Steven’s main practice is in the dispute resolution team, where he deals with a wide variety of matters including commercial contract disputes, debt recovery, defamation, personal injury, professional negligence, contentious probate and claims under the Inheritance Act 1975.
Steven’s recent cases include:
- A high-value professional negligence claim against an insurance broker. The complex proceedings involved five sets of experts on each side. The claim was settled two weeks before the trial. The details of the settlement cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality.
- A claim for unlawful detention against the Home Office which was settled prior to the issue of proceedings on a Part 36 basis.
- A claim for defamation and negligent misstatement relating to an employment reference which settled favourably during High Court proceedings.
- Another defamation/negligent misstatement claim relating to an employment reference which settled pre-issue.
- A successful application for a third-party debt order against a pension fund to enforce a foreign judgment registered in England and Wales.
- A claim under the Inheritance Act 1975 in relation to the estate of the client’s long-term partner which settled at mediation.
- A sensitive defamation matter involving statements made on social media.
- A contractual dispute following an acrimonious breakdown of a business partnership.
- A contractual dispute relating to a commercial lease agreement.
- An action by the beneficiary of an estate against the executors to obtain an account and distribution of the estate.
- Multiple multi-track personal injury cases involving road traffic accidents.
- Many successful bed bug claims against hotels, package travel companies and landlords.
Steven has good relationships with members of Counsel and regularly instructs high quality advocates. On occasion he also conducts his own advocacy and has appeared in the High Court and the County Court.
In the private client team, Steven drafts Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney and assists in navigating clients through the probate process. Steven’s approach is to explore the circumstances of his clients and to provide clear and straightforward advice without creating unnecessary complexities. Steven also acts for beneficiaries of estates to liaise with personal representatives and ensure a clear dialogue.
As part of the commercial law team, Steven has assisted with a share purchase acquisition worth over £2 million. Steven was involved in drafting the share purchase agreement and various ancillary documents including settlement agreements, a consultancy agreement and board minutes. Steven has also acted on asset sales and share sales.
Steven graduated from the University of Sheffield in 2013 with an upper second class degree in Archaeology and History. He converted to law by completing an MA Law and Legal Practice Course, both at the University of Sheffield, achieving a distinction in both cases. Steven joined Curzon Green in August 2016 as a trainee solicitor and qualified on 3 September 2018. He was made an associate in August 2019.
Outside of work Steven enjoys long walks, good food, and a range of sports, with a particular interest in darts.
Steven can be contacted by email at: email@example.com