Lee is a partner and works in the firm’s Dispute Resolution Department.
Lee joined the firm in March 2012 and has established an excellent reputation as a solicitor. He acts for both Claimants and Defendants on a broad spectrum of disputes in both the High Court and County Court. Examples of such disputes include:
- Professional negligence actions against solicitors, accountants and other professionals.
- Medical/Clinical negligence actions where patients have received substandard care.
- Construction disputes relating to final accounts, defective works and the interpretation of contractual terms.
- Business disputes following the breakdown of commercial relationships.
- Land and property disputes for both residential and commercial clients.
- Defamation (libel and slander) claims.
Probate and Trust Claims
Lee also has experience in probate and trust disputes. These include :
- Applications under the Inheritance (provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 in respect of individuals who have not inherited, or have not received reasonable financial provision, from a deceased’s estate.
- Claims on behalf of beneficiaries against trustees for breach of trust regarding the mismanagement of trust assets.
- Claims concerning the validity of wills.
- Claims concerning the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
More recently Lee’s caseload includes:
- X v Y NHS Trust : Obtaining a sizeable settlement after the suicide of the husband/father. The deceased’s death would have been prevented if the trust’s mental health team had appropriately assessed him.
- Obtaining a six figure settlement in a professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors for their negligent advice in relation to a commercial lease.
- Obtaining an interim injunction against a developer for breach of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and damaged caused to the client’s property.
- Acting for a Claimant in a successful defamation claim which concluded on the first day of the trial in the High Court, with the client receiving damages in excess of £100,000.
- A High Court personal guarantee claim which settled the day before trial and which involved untested areas of law.
- Acting for an executor and sole beneficiary in a claim, brought by the deceased’s estranged son, under the Inheritance (provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Acting for a cohabitee in a successful claim under the Inheritance (provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. The claim settled favourably at mediation.
- Acting for a Claimant in successful defamation claim relating to an inaccurate employment reference.
Lee is a member of the Professional Lawyers Association.